Monday 12 May 2008

Day 65 - Failure bites - Bite back!




As you can tell, its been a few days since I posted to my blog. So I thought Id kick off with a current pic! We have had fantastic weather here in the UK for that last week with glorious sunshine and tempretaures in the mid to high 20's (oC) which is good for the first part of May.

Needless to say time was spent chilling in the garden. Then things start to go bad. You fancy a BBQ, no biggie in that you say, but then you fancy a nice cold beer! Oh Dear!!!

I had probably too many beers over the week, and my gym visits started to slip. I was falling back into my old habits. Not good. I could start to feel. only slightly, the bloating in my stomach and had a tast of what I used to be like. This I didnt like, at all!

So, after may chats with my wife, we have come up with a challenge to get our teeth into, and so a clothing challenge was borne!

The Challenge

To fit into my next smallest suit within 90 days. A photo below shows how much I have to go. But thats not all. Its a race! My wife has also started the same challenge (not to get into my suit!) but to get into a pair of new jeans that she bought but has never worn!

So I set about it by having my 5th, and final, PT session on this programme. It was more a results 'chat' and a workout review rather that a full blown work out. It compared my results with that of my first PT session some 6 weeks ago.

I know I have been getting fitter, and stronger, as I went along. Just seeing how far I can now run, or how much weight I can lift is a sure enough guide to see how you are getting on. The bit I was more interested in was the measurements!

I have become less flexible. This i was told was my 'hammies' tightening up. Caused by me not stretching at the end of each session. Never before have I worked out so much that stretching had become so important, but there you are. More importantly, my instructure got his tape measure out and.........

  • 1cm loss on left bicep
  • 1cm loss on right bicep
  • 3cm loss on hips
  • 6cm loss on waist (yes 6!!)

How cool is that! My thighs had actually gaines 1cm, but Ive always has real solid legs from when I used to play rugby, so im confident that is extra muscle.

So, on with the challenge! Reveal day is Aug 1st with a half way 'fitting' after 6 weeks. Lets see who wins! Why not keep an eye on my competitor, sorry wife, at http://www.lisasfattofitjourney.blogspot.com/ and see how she is getting on.

Here is my startig pic.


Laters

Kelv

6 comments:

Mike Groom said...

Great to see you back Kelv!Don't let those old habits take control, you know what you need to do. I'm very pleased that you have got back up and are looking forwards again. No need to dwell on your "slip", you can't change it now. Plan the future, get back in the gym and SHRED ON!.

kelv rose said...

Thanks Mike, I guess we all slip now and again. Just put it behind you and MOVE ON!
Kelv

Lisa said...

Even though we are in competition I will kick u up the butt. You can't undo the hard work you've done so far. So I am not gunna let you have anymore naughty foods or drink by not having any myself. Keep it going I wanna see even less of you in 12 weeks! xx

Anonymous said...

Kelv, let the games begin. i'll put a wager on your wife, just because i am a woman myself and have got to stick with our own kind. lol. you both doing it together will really help. you both can do it! keep working hard and don't ever quit!!
i will go check out your wife's progress and cheer her on, too.

Anonymous said...

Hello. I have just come across your blog and your wife's blog. The date of your last blog was the date of my 40th birthday and all of that weekend and the Monday 12 May were SCORCHING hot and at my current 320 lb weight I was suffering badly in the heat.

Glad I have found a few UK weight loss bloggers, there seem to be so many US bloggers.

Best wishes,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hello!! Wake up Call!!! Where are you? Let's get the show on the road! Don't let your hard work go to waist! Are you going to let your wife kick your butt?!!
Shred Hard!!