Thursday 19 June 2008

Day 105 - New Gym Round

A few days after my last PT session last weekend and Im a couple of sessions into my new weights mission.

Focusing on my type 2, type A or whatever those type of muscles are called. Ive learned there are three main types. Endurance muscles, which I have been training for the last few months. These are the ones that you should be able to do your 2 or 3 full sets with. Then there are these type a/2 ones. These you whack the weight up and aim to do between 6-10 reps only. These I have noticed really make your heart race and get you puffing and panting like a dog on a hot day!

Then there are the 'nuclear' muscles. The ones you use when you do your single max rep ones. See.....learning.

Knee is holding up well. Running does not cause a problem but am steering clear of the leg weights for the time being to make sure it does not aggrevate it any more. Bicep is starting to take on a shape of its own. Having never had muscles remotly any where near this kind of definition its a great feeling and I just want to build them up as much as I can.

o what the future holds!

Kelv

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Good luck with your new focus - I see you want cones like me now huh?? lol x

Mike Groom said...

Hey Kelv, great to see you learning more about lifting and what different muscles do etc, etc. I've not heard the terminology you use, but I think you are referring to the big compound movements (bench, deadlift, squats etc). These are your bread and butter lifts!

Good job!

Michael said...

Kelv, nice work man! keep up the hard work.

Lisa said...

We need to get back on track - come on help me and I'll help you. WE CAN DO IT TOGETHER X

Anonymous said...

Kelv, where are you. you've got to keep pushing on! Never give up. hope all is well with you and Lisa! Keep pushing towards your goal! you can do it!

Tearose said...

How exciting!!! I know feeling and seeing my biceps was a thrilling event and I am always feeling them now :D Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Hope you'll be back on-line soon. Keep moving forward Kelv

Anonymous said...

hey Kelv, where have you and Lisa gone to? I miss you all. come back to us and keep making progress! hope to see you all soon.

Anonymous said...

hi Kelv. think of you and Lisa often. wondering how you are all doing. Don't ever give up!~ You can do this!