Tuesday 4 March 2008

6 Days.........

The closer I get to the deadline, the more excited and determined I seem to be getting.

I often find myself saying why the hell don't I start now, rather than waiting! The truth is that I think I need to be 100 prepared for the challenge so, over the next few days I will be pulling together a weekly meal plan and identify some key indicators that I can use on a daily basis in order to track my progress.

I have an exercise plan already. This was put together for my by my new, and very friendly, gym. Thanks must go to Matt for his encouragement of my challenge. He says its achievable, so at least I haven't been living in cloud cookoo land!

Time is really my limiting factor when it comes to getting workouts in, so I will be one of the few training first thing in the morning. I have a programme that should last 30-45 mins and is currently made up of
  • 10 mins Cross Trainer
  • 1,000m Row
  • Leg Press
  • Chest Press
  • Lat Pull-down
  • ..and the one where you push away from you! Whatever that's called.

With these I should be able to chart my improvements over the next few weeks, and change my programme as I get fitter.

I will try and work out how to get graphs in to show how I'm doing. I'm trying to get the courage to publish pics as well, maybe when I have something to show then I can share my journey then.

Kelv

No comments: