Tuesday 25 March 2008

Day 19 Still Going

Seeing as the gym round is still going well, and there is not that much to add to the statement 'gym round in full', I thought I'd mention my nutrition plan this time.

Easter holidays were difficult, especially with all that chocolate about, but I did well. I still cannot believe how much I am having to eat to keep my calorie intake up over 1500. And to think of the stuff I used to eat, I could probably do the same amount in one meal as opposed to the whole day.

Thats how much I have had to change my outlook on nutrition. Im getting well into it now. I haven't had a proper cup of coffee (a favorite at work) for nearly 3 weeks. I enjoy fruit and often have a large salad with most evening meals covering about half of the plate. Fat free yogurt and rolled oats is a particularly nice snack, even if the wife insists its 'minging' and my menu is so bland!

The weight isnt dropping off as fast as I thought it would, however I am noticing big changes with how im looking. Again, the wife said I didnt look pregnant any more. A compliment, i think!

Im liking the theory that I must be putting on similar amount of muscle than loosing fat as todays weight is 132.9Kg. 2Kg off from the start. Im going to invest in one of those body fat monitors as i think that reducing body fat is key over weight, After all, if you look good, does it really matter what you weigh?

Anyway, enough for today, need my recovery (beauty) sleep. Till tomorrow

Kelv

3 comments:

Joni said...

Your quote "After all, if you look good, does it really matter what you weigh?" EXACTLY! Numbers are not nearly as important as how you feel in your clothes and how you look in pictures....oh, wait a minute....I see no pictures!!!! It's really a great idea, I know it's hard to put up "befores" but you will be so glad you did when you are an "after"! Keep up the good work!

kelv rose said...

YOur right joni, and seeing others do it Im sure its the right thing to do. Need to pluck up the courage i guess.
Kelv

KaliLilla.com said...

2kg is great Kelv! And I agree - bodyfat % is more telling than scale weight. You can put on muscle and lose fat, yet the scale won't change. Joni is soooo right - clothes, pics and how you feel is more accurate than any machine.