Sunday 30 March 2008

Day 24 - New Gym Workout

Today I had a Personal Trainer appointment at my gym. Its a service thats offered at my gym, well everyones gym i guess, and they had a look at my programme and made a few changes to it to complement my aims, goals and current achievements.

Now, Im not looking forward to tomorrows gym round!

They have clicked that not only am I serious about my aims, but that I also know what I need to do in order to achieve it. So they seemed to talk to me as though I was a 'grown up' and took me seriously. Not just another one off the street who does as they are told!

I have kept my current weight programme, with the addition of one that will work my upper back, so will see how we get on with that.

The biggest change has been made to my cardio, both the amount of time spent on it and the intensity. Working on the HIIT principle.

I have to do;
  • 10 mins on the cross trainer at 2min & 1 min intervals on resistance 9 and 14 respectfully. I know someone who cannot even move it on that high a resistance!
  • 5 mins treadmill on a 'cross country' programme where the elevation of the treadmill changes up and down quite radically, and
  • 1.5Km on the bike on FULL POWER! I had to set the benchmark today and done it in 3mins 15secs. (is that good? I dunno!)

I could hardly talk after the bike bit, and the trainer though it was funny, in a nice (sadistic) way im sure. He was a good guy really!

This is where my gym round really ramps up. As I only have limited time first thing in the morning to do it, Im really going to have to 'HIIT' it hard to make sure that I fit everything in.

I think I also committed to build my stamina up so I can start playing rugby again with a local team next season. Stupid or what!!??

Till tomorrow

Kelv

4 comments:

Mike Groom said...

Great job on the PT session Kelv! YOu certainly seem to have your goals firmly fixed, this will push you along very nicely indeed. Keep shredding man!

KaliLilla.com said...

Go Kelv go! Sounds like a great HIIT cardio session.

Anonymous said...

wow, that's a hiit session! "go hard, or go home!" shred on!

kelv rose said...

Thanks for all your support guys!